Monday, January 03, 2005

Sympathies...

I left the connected world shortly after the tsunami in SE Asia, and had no idea how severe the death toll was until I checked the new last night. It's terrifying to see the devastation this has wreaked, but I'm inspired by the way the entire world has stepped forward, with both official and private aid.

We can all spare something. Even $5 will give one refugee a week's worth of food and assistance. This list is a good place to look if you want to contribute something. As always, UNICEF and anything else UN-related is a good bet.

3 Comments:

Blogger christian said...

sandra bullock donated a million bucks.

if you look REALLY closely at the card, she wrote in teeny-tiny writing, "oh, and this is from christian, too."

4:23 AM  
Blogger Toby said...

Heavens, what shall I do! I was told by a conservative friend to donate to anyone but the UN!

http://diplomadic.blogspot.com/

Enjoy.

5:12 AM  
Blogger christian said...

I read three sentences and it made my brainmeats hurt.

toby, you are now my sworn enemy.

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home