Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Sluggish blogger... and big news!

Took about ten minutes to load the "New Post" page, so time is short. Were Blogger faster, I'd have put this up much sooner...

As is widely known, my job has gradually deteriorated from merely boring and uchallenging to being a festering sore on my psyche. I have been without a computer to work on for a month, and have gotten increasingly frustrated.

So...

I quit! Yesterday! Gleefully! They're really mad about it, but if bothered them that much, they shouldn't have brought me 15,000 klicks without having a pc for me to sit at. With the rapid and much appreciated approval of my Canadian paymasters, I've begun a solo quest for new employment to fill out my remaining two months here (Holy Crazy Calendars, Batman! How is it just two months left?)

I'm going over to ACHAP (the Bill Gates-funded agency overseeing antiretroviral treatment in Botswana) after I finish typing, and I might have a line into a Red Cross job, working for the First Lady of Botswana. We'll see how it all goes, but at the moment I'm mainly rejoicing at having taken the plunge.

3 Comments:

Blogger Eva said...

Wow! Congrats.

I wish I could do that right now, but I need to line up the repacment job first.

4:54 AM  
Blogger christian said...

you have gotta have about the biggest pair of brass balls I've ever encountered. unemployed in a third world country halfway around the globe...

yeesh.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

Not only unemployed, but almost completely out of money too! Ain't life exciting?

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home