Tuesday, March 01, 2005

On hiatus...

My silence of late is well justified, I promise.

At the moment, for example, I'm in Zambia, using my few minutes on a decent internet connection to tell y'all that I won't be posting for another week. Yesterday I was in Zimbabwe (for tourists, not nearly as terrifying as you'd think... cheap and exceptionally friendly). I wandered the unspeakably immense and moving Victoria Falls, about which I'll blog in greater detail in the not-too-distant future. Today I puttered about Livingstone, the border town, and tomorrow I'll be heading up to two nights on Bovu Island, a small and cheap beastie-watching camp in the middle of the mighty Zambezi, deeper into the heart of beknighted Zambia.

Then it's two nights in Chobe Game reserve in northern Botswana, riding sunset cruises in the hopes of getting devoured by hippos, and taking a just-before-dawn game drive to see if I can't catch the lions at feeding time. It's all quite exciting, but it has me abdicating my bloggy duties for the time being. You'll get it all in nauseating detail as soon as I'm back at my trusty computer (from which I may be able to send pictures of the hundreds of baboons that followed me today.)

More to come... those of you who still check in here from time to time will be rewarded for your persistence.

3 Comments:

Blogger natolkow said...

Reward me! Reward me!!

8:03 PM  
Blogger christian said...

when you coming home?

5:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

April 16th... and I get to spend a day in London for a stopover!

Paul

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home